We’re settling in. We’ve been in Tucson six months and I’m so glad to be home. We’re unpacked, have furniture in all the rooms, and they are almost all decorated. We bought that king sized bed I’ve always wanted and I can tolerate sleeping together again.
The plants that came with me from Santa Fe have found their places in this house. The dogs have settled into their new routine without a dog dog door but with off leash walks almost every day in the Pima County Open Space behind the house. Jacob, too, has come to love it here.
I’ve settled into my writing practice, too. My memoir is taking shape.
Today, in Cynthia Morris’ Impulse Writing Club, I am writing about my first intensive, integrative healing experience. It was kicked off when I discovered my partner at the time was a sex addict.
During that 2-year period, I was:
- In therapy where I discovered I had early childhood trauma.
- Working the 12 steps to face and heal addictive and codependent patterns.
- Seeing a massage therapist weekly and practicing yoga daily to move the trauma and emotions out of my body.
- Working with a classical homeopath and a variety of energy healers to clear my energy body layer by layer of the toxicity that had built up over the years.
- Leaning into a spiritual practice that included yoga, meditation and the study of Vedic scripture.
It’s a bit surreal reviewing this time in my life. It doesn’t even resemble my current life – internally or externally. I was in so much pain, leaving the protection of denial, that I cried – sobbed – and raged often.
Yet I was changed by it and came out the other side stronger, ready for the next life challenge I didn’t know was coming – the car accident in 2004 that cracked open psychic and energy healing capacities and the healing that triggered.
Stay tuned…and send good juju! Writing takes a lot of focus!.