In the last several years, I have seen an increase in interest in spirituality, intuition, psychic mediumship, astrology, and tarot/oracle cards. I think this is a good thing! We all have the capacity to tap into the unseen. The key is discovering and honing your particular gifts.
Chani Nicholas suggests that we are moving into a period much like the astrology of the Spiritualist movement in the late 1800s. The difference, as I see it, is that people want to develop these skills for themselves and/or work with people they resonate with and trust. This was not the case during the Spiritualist movement, and I believe this, too, is a good thing.
As an intuitive/psychic and energy healer since 2004 and a coach since 2010, I empower people to strengthen and trust their own gifts as well as channel guidance.
The most common question I receive from potential clients is “What’s the difference between receiving an Intuitive Reading and Intuitive Life Coaching?”
So, let’s talk about that.
What happens during an Intuitive Reading?
- You give some context and ask some questions.
- I read the energy and listen to guidance (from your guides, angels, and higher self and my primary guide Sanat Kumara) about what’s for the highest good of the universe – which includes you!
- I express the guidance I receive – which could be options, information, things to consider, etc.
- We explore how the guidance lands for you.
- We continue the conversation, asking more questions, exploring more deeply until you’re complete.
- You decide how you use or act on the information.
There is often a teaching component in intuitive readings – teachings about personal and spiritual growth as well as how to listen for yourself and integrate the guidance you receive. We build a relationship of safety and trust over time and your world transforms.
I’ve worked with some clients for years, even decades.
You decide when you want the support – as needed, monthly, quarterly, yearly or every few years.
Intuitive Life Coaching is for when you seek to transform one or more aspects of your life. We lay a foundation and explore the topic(s) you bring forward related to career, relationships, health, spirituality, and intuitive/psychic development.
The commitment is longer – a minimum of four months.
What happens in an Intuitive Life Coaching session?
- You bring the topic – what’s going on, where you’re stuck, how you’re confused.
- You set an intention – what do you want the situation or your life to feel and look like when we’re complete?
- I coach you by:
- asking empowering questions,
- reflecting and articulating the patterns I see,
- exploring your needs and the strategies that can meet them,
- challenging you to shift your mindset and take action
- guiding you to the wisdom of your body and higher self.
- You can choose to have an intuitive reading or an Energy Body Alignment session instead of coaching, although the default is coaching.
- Over time, you get clear and take small steps to change the situation and create a life you adore.
HOW we work with these topics is key – you’re transforming your life from the inside out by using your own knowing, by listening to and trusting your intuition, body, and higher self. I’m using my intuition to guide you, not read for you. If you want an intuitive reading or Energy Body Alignment, you can ask for them, but they are not the primary ways we work together.
I coached a client for 45 minutes of a 60-minute session. She landed on her best course of action. Then she began to doubt her decision. She spiraled into a younger self that was fearful of the risk. After thrashing around a bit, she acknowledged how she was unraveling all the good work we did at the beginning of the session and asked me to do an intuitive reading to help her get out of the weeds. I said my prayers, read the situation and told her what I was guided to share.
The guidance was very close to the decision she came on her own. Because I was holding a neutral space, I could sense the accurateness of it. Because the course of action was risky, she fell into a fear pattern which interfered with her being able to trust her decision.
If she had not asked for an intuitive reading, I would have coached her on the fear and anxiety. I would have held the space for her to face it, interact with the younger part of her, and find assurance in her choice or change her mind. I would have listened to my own guidance on how to do this, but I would not have read the situation and given her guidance.
Similar but Different
The difference between Intuitive Readings and Intuitive Life Coaching is not subtle, but they share one thing in common – you keep your power.
There’s no turning over responsibility for your life to me, God, or your Higher Self. It’s your life, therefore your responsibility. We can help by providing perspective, guidance, and a sense of the energy, but in the end, you make the decisions.
My gift is in helping people create order and beauty from chaos. This, in turn, allows for more ease, joy, and clarity – even when life is hard.
Our human lives are not easy.
They may be filled with abuse, shame, grief, sadness, as well as physical and emotional pain. We may not be able to avoid these experiences, but we can learn to navigate them with more ease and acceptance.
We can learn to feel our feelings. We can learn to take responsibility for our actions and for the way we interact and care for the people around us. This is where Intuitive Readings or Intuitive Coaching can help.
Is it important that you be willing to be influenced or guided in both kinds of sessions? Of course.
Either path can transform your life. You choose.
I rather you keep your power. You’ll need it.